Job No: 513872
Work Type: On Campus
Location: Normal, Illinois
Title: Assistant to the Principal and the Assistant Principal
Employee Classification: Office Support Specialist
Department: University High School
Campus Location: Normal, IL
This position serves as the Assistant to the Assistant Principal and Principal of University High School. In addition to traditional administrative support functions for the Principal and Assistant Principal, this position devotes considerable attention to high-level departmental activities, student attendance and discipline, Blackboard, Skyward, student/teacher evaluations, teacher observations, registration, summer school activities, and the hiring of substitute teachers. This position also serves as the primary point of contact for all questions or problems from faculty and staff. This position functions independently and assumes a great deal of responsibility.
This position is subject to summer academic break layoff, typically during the month of July.
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. One (1) year (12 months) of work experience comparable to the second level of this series.
3. Any one or any combination of the following, totaling two (2) years (24 months) of experience in the categories below:
a. work experience performing office/clerical activities, including use of computer systems
b. college or university coursework in any curriculum
- twelve (12) semester hours = six (6) months
- twenty-four (24) semester hours = twelve (12) months
- thirty-six (36) semester hours = eighteen (18) months
- forty-eight (48) semester hours = twenty-four (24) months
1. Ability to work independently and under pressure of deadlines with frequent interruptions.
2. Ability to interact effectively with faculty, staff, administrators, students, and parents.
3. Excellent communication and time management skills.
4. Excellent word processing and computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, FrontPage, and knowledge of Skyward.
5. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
6. Excellent grammar, proofreading skills, and spelling.
Monday through Friday, 7:45am-4:00pm with a 45-minute lunch
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Remain at a workstation for extended periods.
2. Effectively communicate on a daily basis.
$16.04 - $16.69 per hour
PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply"
Transcripts - See Special Instructions to Applicants for additional options
Certification of Retirement Annuity
PLEASE NOTE: These documents may be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply"
Please fully complete the entire application including, but not limited to, the education and work experience portions. Please list all education and all jobs you have had. Do not leave gaps in employment. You must list all duties you performed in the job duties section (Phrases such as "See Resume" are not acceptable). Failure to follow any of these instructions may constitute an incomplete application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Other documentation such as college transcripts (may be unofficial) and/or a DD-214 (official military discharge) must also be brought to the Civil Service exam if applicable to receive the maximum eligible points.
A Civil Service examination will be required. You will be notified by e-mail if you meet the qualifications for the examination. Please closely monitor your email for correspondence regarding your application status.
This position is subject to a criminal background investigation based on University Policy 3.1.30 and any offer of employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at (309) 438-3383. The Office of Equal Opportunity and Access will hold any confidential information you provide in confidence.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Application Opened: CST
Application Closes: CST
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Great, we can send you jobs like this, if this is your first time signing up, please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
The email address was invalid, please check for errors.
You must agree to the privacy statement