Job no: 511451
Work type: Off Campus
Location: Normal, Illinois
Title: Off Campus - In Home Babysitter OR Opportunity for Live-In Help
Campus Location: Off Campus
We are looking for someone to help with our family two to three days a week. It will mainly be watching our five month old, Callum (born Jan. 3), helping out around the house with light housework and carpooling for our two older kids who will be in school full time during the day. My husband works at COUNTRY and I am in sales and work from home. We've always had in-home help and we're looking for someone to become a part of the family.
We're open to 2-3 days BUT if anyone is also looking for a place to live see "Unique Opportunity" below:
Unique Opportunity if you also need a place to live - FREE in exchange for help with the family.
Quick context: I grew up here in BloNo and with my father being gone half the month (he was a commercial airline pilot), my mother needed help with myself and my two brothers and sister. So, we turned to the local universities and had "Live-In Help". It was always an ISU or IWU student who needed a place to live for a summer or a semester. Over the course of 10 years, we had 13 students live with my family and they all became a part of our family; six of them actually came to my wedding.
Fast forward twenty years: Now I have my own family (three boys), we would like to host our own "live-in" nanny.
Here is what it would include:
• Your own, fully furnished (if you choose) private basement bedroom & bathroom
• All bills taken care of, including some groceries
• Home cooked meals just like mom - Well, I'll try my best as much as I can!
In Exchange You Would Be...
• Helping with 3 boys (5 months/4 years/6 years) for 15-20 hours a week - babysitting, car-pool, food prep, swimming in the pool w/ them and taking them on fun trips to Uptown Normal. I know, it's rough!
• a non-smoker
• an excellent driving record & preferably have your own car
• you're friendly and fun but able to put your foot down when you need to with young boys
If you are intrigued and would like to get to know us or you have further questions, reach out! We'd love to hear from you. I'd like to think of myself as "not a regular mom, I'm a cool mom" - and my husband is pretty fun, too. He's from the UK and if you're down with listening to a British accent while playing with his cool kids - that can be the cherry on top.
Serious inquiries only. I look forward to hearing from you!
- reliable and excellent communicator
- excellent driving record & preferably, you have your own car
- CPR certified
- two to three full days per week 9:00 - 4:30 / 5:00
- days can be negotiated / flexible
If interested, contact Elizabeth Austin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Great, we can send you jobs like this, if this is your first time signing up, please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
The email address was invalid, please check for errors.
You must agree to the privacy statement