Virtual Professional Development Coordinator
Work type: On Campus
Location: Normal, Illinois
Title: Virtual Professional Development Coordinator
Division Name: Academic Affairs
Department: Educational Administration & Foundations
Campus Location: Normal, IL
ICSPS is seeking a Virtual Professional Development Coordinator to support the online face of the Center – including facilitating webinars, planning virtual professional development, updating and maintaining websites, creating an online newsletter, and supporting a social media presence for the Center. In addition, this position will coordinate communication, marketing, and event blast for the Job Training Economic Development project. This person will have the opportunity to conduct research, assist in the development of products and materials, coordinate, set up, and support technology at the Center's conferences and workshops, and attend professional development events as needed.
The Illinois Center for Specialized Professional Support (ICSPS) creates, supports, and delivers professional development for career, technical, and adult education, and workforce professionals across Illinois. ICSPS provides technical assistance, develops publications, and facilitates program improvement strategies for our partners as they relate to college transition, recruitment, retention, and completion−encouraging achievement of special populations learners. ICSPS was founded in 1977 at Illinois State University and is housed in the Educational Administration and Foundations department in the College of Education.
Salary Rate / Pay Rate
Pay is commensurate with qualifications and experience, combined with an excellent benefits package
1. BA/BS degree in economic development, sociology, communications, education, policy, or humanity field with specialization or significant experience in economic development, workforce development, or marketing issues related to these areas.
2. Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, including the ability to facilitate an online or in-person meeting.
3. Strong computer skills, including word processing, website maintenance, and InDesign. Experience supporting and utilizing Zoom and Microsoft Office 2010 or greater.
4. Knowledge, understanding, and experience with Zoom, Word Press, Joomla, or other web site platforms.
5. Proven customer service skills and the ability to work with a diverse constituency.
6. Ability to perform independent research and apply critical reasoning skills to solve technical issues.
7. Ability to research, interpret data, and present research
8. Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
9. Ability to multitask and self-manage assigned projects and daily tasks in an environment with shifting priorities.
10. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including travel and the possession of a valid Illinois driver's license.
1. Knowledge, work experience, and understanding of Adult Education, Workforce Education Innovation and Opportunity Act, Career Pathways Initiative, Programs of Study and College and Career Readiness.
2. Knowledge and understanding of the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Improvement Act of 2006.
3. Work experience in education for at least one of the following special populations: single parents/displaced homemakers, individuals with disabilities, English language learners, economically disadvantaged, and students pursuing nontraditional occupations for their gender.
4. Comfort speaking in front of a virtual and in-person audience.
Generally Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm with occasional weekend and evening hours as business needs dictate
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Move about in various locations on and off campus as needed to complete day-to-day work
2. Effectively communicate on a daily basis
Proposed Starting Date
Required Applicant Documents
Resume / C.V.
Reference List - (specifically, the names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of at least three professional references)
Please Note: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply"
Special Instructions for Applicants
Initial application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All application materials must be submitted online. Application materials submitted via fax, email, or mail will not be accepted.
Please prepare in advance separate documents representing a cover letter, reference list (specifically, the names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of at least three professional references), and resume/C.V. to attach to this application.
Contact Information for Applicants
Important Information for Applicants
This position is subject to a criminal background investigation and if applicable, an employment history review, based on University Policy 3.1.30 and any offer of employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation and/or an employment history review. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at (309) 438-3383. The Office of Equal Opportunity and Access will hold any confidential information you provide in confidence.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.