Construction Documents Manager
Work type: On Campus
Location: Normal, Illinois
Title: Construction Documents Manager
Division Name: Finance and Planning
Department: Facilities Planning
The purpose of this position is to provide FPDC project Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) and construction document support to the Senior Architect, Senior Mechanical Engineer, and Senior Electrical Engineer and project support services for the entire Facilities Planning, Design, and Construction department.
University Benefit Highlights:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Retirement and supplemental retirement
- Tuition waiver benefits are available to staff as well as their eligible dependents.
- Paid holiday/administrative closures during Thanksgiving and Winter Breaks
- Paid vacation and sick time
For more University Benefit information: https://hr.illinoisstate.edu/benefits/
Salary Rate / Pay Rate
$6700 - $8300/month based on qualifications
1. Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Construction Management or a closely related field.
2. Three (3) years (36 months) of full time (or part time equivalent) progressively more responsible technical experience in an Enterprise Facilities Design and Construction Office or a Professional Architectural or Engineering office.
3. Two (2) years (24 months) of full time (or part time equivalent) supervisory experience in in Enterprise Facilities Design and Construction Office or a Professional Architectural or Engineering office.
1. Minimum of 3 years of work experience and proficiency in AutoCAD LT, AutoCad, Revit, Archibus, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Word and Excel software programs (latest versions)
2. Minimum of 3 years of work experience and proficiency in a minimum of 3 of the following 5 applications: AutoCAD LT, AutoCad, Archibus, Revit Architecture, Revit Mechanical, Revit Electrical, Revit Structure, Revit MEP, Civil 3D (latest versions)
3. Knowledge of applicable design and construction building codes and other applicable design and construction laws such as Americans with Disabilities Act.
4. Knowledge of Illinois State University Design Guidelines
5. Knowledge of Illinois State University Facility Standards
6. Knowledge of the ISU University campus
Core work hours: Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
May require additional hours based on project schedules
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Effectively communicate on a daily basis.
2. Move about in various locations across campus as needed to complete day-to-day work.
3. Remain at workstation for extended periods of time.
Proposed Starting Date
Required Applicant Documents
Transcripts - See Special Instructions to Applicants section for additional options.
Please Note: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply"
Optional Applicant Documents
Certification of Retirement Annuity
Please Note: These documents may be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply"
Special Instructions for Applicants
Please fully complete the entire application including, but not limited to, the education and work history portions. Be specific on your work history, including employment dates (if part-time you must list the number of work hours) and duties for all positions held. Applicable part-time work experience will be considered toward qualifying for this position; however, it will be converted to a full-time equivalency to determine combined length of experience. Please do not put "see resume" in the duties and responsibilities section of the work history. This will be considered an incomplete application and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Transcripts (may be unofficial) must be submitted by the deadline date in order to receive full consideration on the exam. Transcripts may be uploaded with the application or by one of the options listed below.
In order to be eligible for Veteran's Preference points on the exam, appropriate military service documentation, such as a DD-214 must be faxed, mailed or delivered to Human Resources by the deadline date in order to receive the maximum eligible points:
Fax: 309.438.0011, Attn: Colette Homan
Address: Illinois State University
Campus Box 1300
Normal, IL 61790-1300
The Civil Service examination for this classification is based on your application materials and responses to the supplemental questions. No participation other than submission of applicant materials is required from applicants that qualify to take the exam. If you meet the minimum required qualifications for this position, you will receive a score calculated based on your education and experience, and your name will be placed on the active employment register by exam score. The active register for this classification will be voided when the position is filled.
Illinois State University is authorized to do business within the State of Illinois. All work under this appointment is required to be performed from within the State of Illinois. If hired, out-of-state candidates must establish Illinois residency within 180 calendar days from the start date for this position. Illinois residency requires proof of a valid Illinois driver’s license or a valid State of Illinois ID card. Failure to produce the required documentation within 180 calendar days will result in immediate termination of employment.
Contact Information for Applicants
Important Information for Applicants
This position is subject to a criminal background investigation and if applicable, an employment history review, based on University Policy 3.1.30 and any offer of employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation and/or an employment history review. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at (309) 438-3383. The Office of Equal Opportunity and Access will hold any confidential information you provide in confidence.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.