![if !IE 6]> <![endif]>
Job No: 516403
Work Type: On Campus
Location: Normal, Illinois
Title: GA Pre-Professional - Marketing/Office of Technology Solutions - Fall 2023
Division Name: Finance and Planning
Department: TechZone & Student Technologies
Campus Location: Normal, IL
The Marketing Graduate Assistant will assist the marketing and communications manager (and the marketing unit of the Office of Technology Solutions) in the development of all marketing efforts for the office, increasing awareness of Tech Solutions across campus, particularly promoting the solutions and services of our department in general and a few specific areas, including TechZone and the Technology Support Center. Responsibilities include the following:
1. Develop content for social media platforms (including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter) and assist in scheduling/monitoring; research emerging trends in social media.
2. Assist with the development and implementation of TechZone/Tech Solutions creative marketing plans.
3. Provide support to and possible mentoring of the student marketing team.
4. Provide graphic design, photography, and video support when necessary.
5. Assist in recruitment and training of student marketing and design team.
6. Research, conduct interviews as needed, and write department stories for publication on Illinois State University’s News site.
7. Present on behalf of the department during campus and community outreach activities and coordinate staff involved in similar efforts.
8. Maintain inventory and distribution of promotional items for student outreach and giveaways.
9. Contribute to website review and updates.
10. Conduct assessment for TechZone/Tech Solutions through surveys, focus groups, benchmarking, etc.
11. Other duties assigned as deemed necessary by the department.
1. Applicants must be a degree-seeking graduate student in the following programs:
b. Creative Technologies
d. Marketing Analytics
2. Eligible for appointment as per the requirements in the Graduate Assistant Handbook, which can be found at http://HR.IllinoisState.edu/Downloads/GA_Handbook.pdf
3. A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for the last 60 semester hours of undergraduate work is required. GRE may be required for some programs.
4. A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, English, or related field required.
5. Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communications skills, both verbal and written, are expected.
6. Willingness to work in a team environment and provide and uphold our quality standards and values.
7. Flexibility handling diverse tasks.
8. Ability to think critically.
9. Strong research, writing, and editing skills, with ability to follow the University style guide.
1. Preferred background in graphic design using Adobe software, familiarity using a variety or social media platforms, and experience with website management and video editing. Marketing and photography experience also preferred.
Any schedule Monday - Friday between 8:00am - 5:00pm
Resume / C.V.
PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply"
Please attach a writing sample that demonstrates your ability to write - examples can include social media posts, an article or a paper for class.
Note: If you have not yet been assigned a University ID, but are interested in applying for this graduate assistantship, please proceed with the graduate assistant application process. For the first question regarding your University ID, simply enter in nine (9) zeros (e.g., 000000000).
You must be eligible for employment in the United States and at Illinois State University and/or for the number of hours required for the position.
Illinois State University student employees are restricted to no more than 28 hours per week of on-campus employment for all positions held. International students are restricted by their visa status to no more than 20 hours per week of on-campus employment when the university is in session but may work up to 28 hours per week when the university is not in session. Please contact the Office of International Student and Scholar Services for guidance on visa restrictions on work hours. The University cannot grant exceptions to visa status rules/laws.
This position is subject to a criminal background investigation based on University Policy 3.1.30 and any offer of employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at (309) 438-3383. The Office of Equal Opportunity and Access will hold any confidential information you provide in confidence.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Application Opened: CST
Application Closes: CST
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Great, we can send you jobs like this, if this is your first time signing up, please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
The email address was invalid, please check for errors.
You must agree to the privacy statement