![if !IE 6]> <![endif]>
Job No: 516395
Work Type: On Campus
Location: Normal, Illinois
Title: GA Pre-Professional - Project Management/Office of Technology Solutions - Fall 2023
Division Name: Finance and Planning
Department: Office of Technology Solutions
Campus Location: Normal, IL
The Project Management Graduate Assistant will assist project managers in managing information technology (IT) projects, and in scheduling information technology (IT) projects to balance resource capacity, assignments, and availability. The position will support multiple internal units with the maintenance of their project schedules and portfolios and will support the functions of the Project Management Office within the Office of Digital Transformation and Process Improvement within the department of Technology Solutions. Work will vary across multiple internal and external projects.
1. Eligible for appointment as per the requirements in the Graduate Assistant Handbook which can be found at http://hr.illinoisstate.edu/downloads/GA_Handbook.pdf
2. Enrollment in Graduate degree-level courses at Illinois State University in one of the following areas:
Masters Programs (M.S., M.A., MBA)
- Business Administration (MBA)
- Computer Science (M.S., M.A.)
- Information Systems – Systems Development (M.S., M.A.)
- Technology - Project Management (M.S., M.A.,)
- Technology - Quality Management and Analytics (M.S., M.A,)
3. Possess strong interpersonal skills to gather and analyze large amounts of detailed information and summarize for reporting and presentation
4. Possess strong self-motivated analysis and problem-solving disposition with ability to synthesize findings into communicable actions and recommendations
5. Manage project related tasks and monitor progress and results
6. Possess experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
1. Understanding of IT and project delivery methodologies
2. Possess experience working with Microsoft Project and Microsoft SharePoint
3. Possess experience working with task management solutions such as Git, Planner, Kanban-type boards, etc.
4. Understanding of coding concepts with experience in Office 365 Flow / Power Automate or another coding language (many will be transferable)
Any schedule Monday - Friday between 8:00am - 5:00pm.
- Resume / C.V.
- Reference List
- Work Availability
PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply"
Note: If you have not yet been assigned a University ID, but are interested in applying for this graduate assistantship, please proceed with the graduate assistant application process. For the first question regarding your University ID, simply enter in nine (9) zeros (e.g., 000000000).
You must be eligible for employment in the United States and at Illinois State University and/or for the number of hours required for the position.
Illinois State University student employees are restricted to no more than 28 hours per week of on-campus employment for all positions held. International students are restricted by their visa status to no more than 20 hours per week of on-campus employment when the university is in session but may work up to 28 hours per week when the university is not in session. Please contact the Office of International Student and Scholar Services for guidance on visa restrictions on work hours. The University cannot grant exceptions to visa status rules/laws.
This position is subject to a criminal background investigation based on University Policy 3.1.30 and any offer of employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at (309) 438-3383. The Office of Equal Opportunity and Access will hold any confidential information you provide in confidence.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Application Opened: CST
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Great, we can send you jobs like this, if this is your first time signing up, please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
The email address was invalid, please check for errors.
You must agree to the privacy statement