Job No: 514123
Work Type: On Campus
Location: Normal, Illinois
Title: Mental Health Counselor
Division Name: Presidential
Department: Intercollegiate Athletics
Campus Location: Normal, IL
The Department of Athletics is committed to increasing the diversity of the campus community. ISU athletics recognizes that a diverse faculty, staff, and student body enriches the educational experiences of the entire campus and greater community. Candidates who have experience working with a diverse range of staff, and students, and who can contribute to the climate of inclusivity are especially welcomed to apply.
This position will deliver clinical and sport psychology services to student-athletes in an effort to enhance overall sports performance. This position will also oversee the delivery of clinical and sport psychology services provided to student-athletes in a collaborative effort to enhance personal, academic, and athletic success of all Illinois State University student-athletes. Provide counseling, consultation, and educational outreach services to student-athletes, coaches, and athletic department staff. Additionally, the position is responsible for the continued development and implementation of philosophies, policies, and procedures of psychological services for student-athletes.
1. Master’s in Counseling /Counseling Psychology, or Licensed Clinical Social Worker
2. Licensed psychologist (or license-eligible) in Illinois within one year of employment
3. Two years of experience (can include internship) providing mental health counseling and performance enhancement services to athletes, preferably in a university or college counseling center setting.
4. Evidence of outstanding skills in clinical assessment, psychotherapy, crisis management and psycho-education
5. Proficiency in addressing all aspects of students’ intersecting identities within the context of psychotherapy
6. Ability to provide supervision to psychologists in training
7. Familiarity with applicable NCAA rules
1. Doctorate of Education in Performance Psychology, Counseling/Clinical Psychology, or comparable
2. Experience working with high level athletes, preferably in the collegiate setting
3. Certified Mental Performance Consultant (CMPC)
4. Experience in working with an ethnically and culturally diverse client population
5. Strong understanding of the Athletic Department culture
6. Excellent interpersonal communication and computer skills
8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday - Friday; Nights and weekends frequently required.
$50,000 - $60,000
Resume, cover letter, and reference list
PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply"
This position is subject to a criminal background investigation based on University Policy 3.1.30 and any offer of employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at (309) 438-3383. The Office of Equal Opportunity and Access will hold any confidential information you provide in confidence.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Application Opened: CST
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Great, we can send you jobs like this, if this is your first time signing up, please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
The email address was invalid, please check for errors.
You must agree to the privacy statement