Job No: 513897
Work Type: On Campus
Location: Normal, Illinois
Title: Program Coordinator, International House
College/Unit: Provost Departments
Department: International Studies
Campus Location: Normal, IL
The Program Coordinator assists the Associate Director in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of short- and long-term American Studies Programs and the International Seminar Series. The Coordinator also assists Fulbright faculty coordinators and assists in the delivery of programming activities for international students and scholars.
1. Bachelor's degree conferred prior to the position start date
2. One year of work experience in business or educational program administration
Note: Master's degree in an area consistent with the duties of the position may be substituted for one (1) year of work experience
3. Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
4. Demonstrated advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
5. Demonstrated ability to maintain professional and positive working relationships with various stakeholders, which include faculty, staff, and students
6. Experience working in a team-based environment
7. Valid U.S. driver's license
8. Ability to meet Designated School Official (DSO) requirements, as federally regulated by the Department of Homeland Security. To view qualifications for a Designated School Official (DSO), please see Department of Homeland Security website located at https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/designated-school-official.
1. Experience in a student or academic services environment
2. Demonstrated ability to work with faculty, students, and staff from different linguistic and cultural backgrounds.
3. Van training or the ability to complete van training within 1 month of hire
This position will work 37.5 hours per week, flexing days and hours per day based upon business needs, with the occasional evening or weekend
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
$21.53 - $23.08 per hour
Transcripts - See Special Instructions to Applicants for additional options
PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply"
Certification of Retirement Annuity
PLEASE NOTE: These documents may be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply"
Please fully complete the entire application including, but not limited to, the education and work experience portions. Please list all education and all jobs you have had. Do not leave gaps in employment. You must list all duties you performed in the job duties section (Phrases such as "See Resume" are not acceptable). Failure to follow any of these instructions may constitute an incomplete application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
College or university transcripts (may be unofficial) must be submitted prior to the application deadline to receive full consideration. Transcripts can either be uploaded with your application or submitted via the options listed below.
To be eligible for Veteran's Preference points on the exam, a copy of your DD-214 (official military discharge) must be submitted prior to the application deadline.
Transcripts and/or DD-214 paperwork may be faxed or mailed to Human Resources by the application deadline:
Fax: 309.438.0011, Attn: Kira Shelton
Address: Illinois State University
Campus Box 1300
Normal, IL 61790-1300
The Civil Service examination for this classification is based on your application materials. No participation other than submission of applicant materials is required from applicants that qualify to take the exam. If you meet the minimum required qualifications for this position, you will receive a score calculated based on your education and experience, and your name will be placed on the active employment register by exam score. After the application deadline, the names within the top three scores will be referred to the department for interview. The active register for this classification will be voided when the position is filled.
This position is subject to a criminal background investigation based on University Policy 3.1.30 and any offer of employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at (309) 438-3383. The Office of Equal Opportunity and Access will hold any confidential information you provide in confidence.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Application Opened: CST
Application Closes: CST
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Great, we can send you jobs like this, if this is your first time signing up, please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
The email address was invalid, please check for errors.
You must agree to the privacy statement