Job No: 513579
Work Type: On Campus
Location: Normal, Illinois
Title: Director of Marketing and Communications
Employee Classification: Marketing Associate
Department: Milner Library
Campus Location: Normal, IL
The Director of Marketing and Communications manages public relations for Milner Library on multiple fronts. The position entails:
- Promoting the Library’s image, resources, and services in Library publications, press releases, social media, and other forms of media.
- Strengthening ties to external constituencies such as the Library’s alumni and donors.
- Acts as primary liaison to community partners, such as area public libraries.
- Planning, budgeting, and executing events for the Library, such as guest speakers, exhibit receptions, donor visits, Alumni Day, Homecoming, and National Library Week activities.
- Developing annual and ad hoc reports, maintaining donor and alumni information, and providing expertise and data to establish and develop external relations policies and procedures.
- Advertising, coordinating the selection processes, and appropriate stewardships of Library scholarships and fellowships.
- Serves as the liaison to University Advancement and Alumni Relations and to University Marketing and Communications.
Core Hours: 8:00am-4:30pm Monday through Friday with occasional evening or weekend hours
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Effectively communicate on a daily basis.
2. Remain at a workstation for extended periods.
3. Distinguish colors on a monitor.
4. Move about in various locations on and off campus as needed to complete day-to-day work.
$55,000 - $65,000 annual
Writing Sample - Preferably a sample news story or press release
PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply"
Transcripts - See Special Instructions to Applicants for additional options
Certification of Retirement Annuity
PLEASE NOTE: These documents may be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply"
Please fully complete the entire application including, but not limited to, the education and work experience portions. Please list all education and all jobs you have had. Do not leave gaps in employment. You must list all duties you performed in the job duties section (Phrases such as "See Resume" are not acceptable). Failure to follow any of these instructions may constitute an incomplete application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
College or university transcripts (may be unofficial) must be submitted prior to the application deadline to receive full consideration. Transcripts can either be uploaded with your application or submitted via the options listed below.
To be eligible for Veteran's Preference points on the exam, a copy of your DD-214 (official military discharge) must be submitted prior to the application deadline.
Transcripts and/or DD-214 paperwork may be faxed or mailed to Human Resources by the application deadline:
Fax: 309.438.0011, Attn: Kira Shelton
Address: Illinois State University
Campus Box 1300
Normal, IL 61790-1300
The Civil Service examination for this classification is based on your application materials. No participation other than submission of applicant materials is required from applicants that qualify to take the exam. If you meet the minimum required qualifications for this position, you will receive a score calculated based on your education and experience, and your name will be placed on the active employment register by exam score. After the application deadline, the names within the top three scores will be referred to the department for interview. The active register for this classification will be voided when the position is filled.
This position is subject to a criminal background investigation based on University Policy 3.1.30 and any offer of employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at (309) 438-3383. The Office of Equal Opportunity and Access will hold any confidential information you provide in confidence.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Application Opened: CST
Application Closes: CST
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Great, we can send you jobs like this, if this is your first time signing up, please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
The email address was invalid, please check for errors.
You must agree to the privacy statement