Job No: 513419
Work Type: On Campus
Location: Normal, Illinois
Title: University High School ~ Psychologist
Employee Classification: Faculty Associate
Division Name: Academic Affairs
College/Unit: College of Education
Department: University High School
Campus Location: Normal, IL
University High School is a service unit of the College of Education of Illinois State University. It offers a comprehensive program of instruction for over 600 students in grades 9-12. This unique school acts as a laboratory for 21st century educational innovation and research. The mission of the school is to provide a site in which excellence in education theory may be connected to practice.
1. Master's degree or higher in school psychology or educational psychology with a specialization in school psychology
2. Professional Educator License (PEL) for School Support Personnel with School Psychologist endorsement; or a valid Nationally Certified School Psychologist (NCSP) credential.
1. Strong written and oral communication skills
2. Experience in consultation and systems change, student screening, and a commitment to integrating research and practice.
3. Successful candidate will have excellent clinical skills, and experience with diverse social-emotional needs.
4. Thorough understanding of the RTI process, implementing empirically supported academic interventions with fidelity, and managing and analyzing student data to address the needs of both struggling and gifted learners.
Typical School Hours with occasional work beyond regular school hours.
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Ability to effectively communicate on a daily basis.
2. Ability to use a computer in day-to-day work (i.e. type on a keyboard and use a mouse).
3. Ability to conduct or attend meetings in various locations on and off campus.
4. Ability to maintain a high level of concentration.
Pay is commensurate with qualifications and experience, combined with an excellent benefits package
Resume / C.V.
PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply"
Initial application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All application materials must be submitted online. Application materials submitted via fax, email, or mail will not be accepted.
Please prepare in advance separate documents representing a cover letter, reference list (specifically, the names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of at least three professional references), and resume/C.V. to attach to this application.
This position is subject to a criminal background investigation based on University Policy 3.1.30 and any offer of employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at (309) 438-3383. The Office of Equal Opportunity and Access will hold any confidential information you provide in confidence.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Application Opened: CST
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Great, we can send you jobs like this, if this is your first time signing up, please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
The email address was invalid, please check for errors.
You must agree to the privacy statement