Job No: 513417
Work Type: On Campus
Location: Normal, Illinois
Title: Housing Operations Manager
Department: University Housing Services
This position is responsible for performing accounting, student hiring, and administrative duties for the Associate Director and Assistant Director. Duties include support/secretarial and accurate record-keeping functions which includes, but is not limited to, screening incoming calls, visitors and mail, composing reports and memos, creating and maintaining electronic and paper files, scheduling and maintaining event calendars, tracking invoices and statements, hiring multiple students via the proper Human Resources protocol and assisting with voucher processing as needed.
This position is responsible for managing the operations of the Housing Facilities unit, and supporting the Assistant Director. Responsibilities include: management of keys, vehicles, and building access; liaising with multiple stakeholders across campus; support/secretarial and record-keeping functions; awareness of multiple concurrent projects.
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. Two (2) years (24 months) of work experience comparable to the third level of this series. This includes work such as performing a wide variety of office support tasks, which require the use of judgment and initiative and the ability to operate computer systems, using word processing, database and software packages. Knowledge of the organization, programs, practices and procedures of the unit is central to the performance of the duties.
1. Detail oriented, proficient in data entry, word processing, filing systems, calculator use, multi-function photocopier, telephone, facsimile machine, Windows-based programs (preferably accounting, word processing, and spreadsheet programs).
2. Outstanding communication and customer service skills are required. Ability to compose letters, memos and other general business correspondence also required.
3. Ability to maintain and organize accurate records.
4. Ability to meet deadlines while working under pressure, and be flexible with job priorities.
8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Effectively communicate on a daily basis.
2. Remain at a workstation for extended periods
3. Move about in various locations across campus as needed to complete day-to-day work.
$17.35 - $18.00 per hour
Transcripts (may be unofficial) - See Special Instructions to Applicants section for additional options
Certification of Retirement Annuity
PLEASE NOTE: These documents may be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply"
Please fully complete the entire application including, but not limited to, the education and work experience portions. Please list all education and all jobs you have had. Do not leave gaps in employment. You must list all duties you performed in the job duties section (Phrases such as "See Resume" are not acceptable). Failure to follow any of these instructions may constitute an incomplete application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Other documentation such as college transcripts (may be unofficial) may be faxed, mailed, delivered to Human Resources, or uploaded under optional documents prior to the posting close date. In order to be eligible for Veteran's Preference points on the exam, appropriate military service documentation, such as a DD214 may be faxed, mailed, delivered to Human Resources, or brought to the Civil Service exam in order to receive the maximum eligible points:
Fax: 309.438.0011, Attn: Breanna Crippen
Address: Illinois State University
Campus Box 1300
Normal, IL 61790-1300
A Civil Service examination will be required. You will be notified by e-mail if you meet the qualifications for the examination. Please closely monitor your email for correspondence regarding your application status.
This position is subject to a criminal background investigation based on University Policy 3.1.30 and any offer of employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at (309) 438-3383. The Office of Equal Opportunity and Access will hold any confidential information you provide in confidence.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Application Opened: CST
Application Closes: CST
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Great, we can send you jobs like this, if this is your first time signing up, please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
The email address was invalid, please check for errors.
You must agree to the privacy statement