Job No: 513253
Work Type: On Campus
Location: Normal, Illinois
Title: Thomas Metcalf Elementary/Middle School & University High School Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Employee Classification: Faculty Associate
Division Name: Academic Affairs
College/Unit: College of Education
Department: Thomas Metcalf School
Campus Location: Normal, IL
Certified Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing who may work with students in both the students’ home school district and at the Laboratory Schools. The Certified Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing will provide instruction for students with hearing loss, ages 3-22 in a variety of classroom settings.
Initial appointment is for Academic year 2022 > 2023. Appointment renewal for the following year will be based on funding and performance.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Special Education, Deaf and Hard of Hearing
2. Professional Educator License
3. Demonstrates competent sign language skills
4. A valid driver's license
5. Ability to travel within the HILIA (Heart of Illinois Low Incidence Association) member districts in a timely fashion. (https://roe17.org/resources/hilia)
1. One to three years' experience as a Teacher of the Deaf
2. Ability to collaborate with a variety of educational professionals inclusive of Laboratory school staff and parents, local school districts, and ISU staff and students.
3. Experience using, maintaining, and troubleshooting equipment (CIs, BAHAs, FM Systems, and hearing aids)
4. Experience with diagnostic assessments and implementation of services based upon the data collected
5. Experience with training students and teachers in the use and care of amplification systems
6. Good organization and communication skills to effectively collaborate with team members
Typically Monday through Friday school hours with occasional weekend and evening hours as business needs dictate
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Remain at a workstation for extended periods
2. Move about in various locations on and off campus as needed to complete day-to-day work
3. Effectively communicate on a daily basis
Pay is commensurate with qualifications and experience, combined with an excellent benefits package
Resume / C.V.
PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply"
Initial application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All application materials must be submitted online. Application materials submitted via fax, email, or mail will not be accepted.
Please prepare in advance separate documents representing a cover letter, reference list (specifically, the names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of at least three professional references), and resume/C.V. to attach to this application.
This position is subject to a criminal background investigation based on University Policy 3.1.30 and any offer of employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at (309) 438-3383. The Office of Equal Opportunity and Access will hold any confidential information you provide in confidence.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Application Opened: CST
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Great, we can send you jobs like this, if this is your first time signing up, please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
The email address was invalid, please check for errors.
You must agree to the privacy statement