Job No: 513189
Work Type: On Campus
Location: Normal, Illinois
Title: Maintenance Coordinator
Department: Building Maintenance
Campus Location: Normal, IL
The purpose of this position is to coordinate building maintenance projects by providing budget oversight and/or accurate estimates based upon industry, regional, local, and University standards.
1. Any one or combination totaling three (3) years (36 months) from the following categories:
A. work experience in construction management, building project management or a closely related field.
B. college coursework in construction management, engineering, architecture, or a closely related discipline, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
- Associate Degree (60 semester hours) equals one (1) year (12 months)
- 90-semester hours equals two (2) years (24 months)
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher (120 semester hours) equals three (3) years (36 months)
2. Three (3) years (36 months) of building construction management and/or building project management experience comparable to the lower level of this series.
1. Extensive experience with maintenance and construction in an institutional setting.
2. Knowledge of the design, construction, and maintenance of building systems.
3. Experience with area contractors and suppliers.
4. Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously with sufficient detail and accuracy.
5. Demonstrated ability to effectively work with a wide variety of University personnel, including faculty, staff, students, consultants, and constituent groups.
6. Demonstrated ability to communicate both orally and in writing and to prepare reports in a timely manner.
7. Computer proficiency in, Word and Excel and ability to learn new programs quickly.
8. Must be able to work independently and be part of a collaborative team.
Normally 8am to 4pm; however additional hours are occasionally required
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Ability to gain access to roofs, tunnels, trenches, hoist ways, and crawlspaces by means of crawling and climbing ladders and stairs.
2. Ability to distinguish colored schematics, wiring, and pipes.
3. Move about in various locations across campus as needed to complete day-to-day work.
4. Effectively communicate on a daily basis.
5. Required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as analyzing data and figures and visual inspection involving small objects.
6. Required to have visual acuity to make general observations of facilities or structures.
$4,633 - $6,022/month
Reference List (names and contact information for three professional references)
Transcripts (may be unofficial – required if using college coursework to qualify for the position and to receive full consideration on the civil service exam)
PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply"
Certification of Retirement Annuity
PLEASE NOTE: These documents may be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply"
Please fully complete the entire application including, but not limited to, the education and work experience portions. Please list all education and all jobs you have had. Do not leave gaps in employment. You must list all duties you performed in the job duties section (Phrases such as "See Resume" are not acceptable). Failure to follow any of these instructions may constitute an incomplete application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Required documents include a cover letter, resume, a reference list (names and contact information for three professional references).
Other documentation such as college transcripts (may be unofficial) may be faxed, mailed, delivered to Human Resources, or uploaded under optional documents prior to the posting close date.
In order to be eligible for Veteran's Preference points on the exam, appropriate military service documentation, such as a DD214 may be faxed, mailed, delivered to Human Resources in order to receive the maximum eligible points:
Fax: 309.438.0011, Attn: Colette Homan
Address: Illinois State University
Campus Box 1300
Normal, IL 61790-1300
The Civil Service examination for this classification is based on your application materials. No participation other than submission of applicant materials is required from applicants that qualify to take the exam. If you meet the minimum required qualifications for this position, you will receive a score calculated based on your education and experience, and your name will be placed on the active employment register by exam score. After the application deadline, the names within the top three scores will be referred to the department for interview.
Contact Information for Applicants
This position is subject to a criminal background investigation based on University Policy 3.1.30 and any offer of employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at (309) 438-3383. The Office of Equal Opportunity and Access will hold any confidential information you provide in confidence.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Application Opened: CST
Application Closes: CST
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Great, we can send you jobs like this, if this is your first time signing up, please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
The email address was invalid, please check for errors.
You must agree to the privacy statement