Job No: 513188
Work Type: On Campus
Location: Normal, Illinois
Title: Office Manager
Department: Environmental Health & Safety
Campus Location: Normal, IL
This position is responsible for office administrative responsibilities associated with Environmental Health and Safety (EHS). This includes but is not limited to budget support for the Director, scheduling, EMS staffing, clerical, recordkeeping, supplies, and general support for the EHS staff.
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. Two (2) years (24 months) of work experience comparable to the third level of this series. This work includes performing a wide variety of office support tasks, which require the use of judgment and initiative and the ability to operate computer systems, using word processing, database, and software packages.
1. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel.
2. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally over the phone and in person, including the ability to take and relay accurate information.
3. Excellent Record-keeping and proofing skills.
4. Working knowledge of typical office equipment (computers, copy and scanning machines, multi-line telephone, etc.).
5. Strong interpersonal skills; cooperative, flexible, and customer-oriented; ability to deal effectively with employee and customer conflicts; the ability to produce results working as part of a team or committee.
6. Computer skills, including employee scheduling systems; accurate record keeping skills; ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
7. Must be flexible to manage multiple and changing priorities.
Monday - Friday; 8:00 - 4:30
Must be able to complete with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Remain at a workstation for extended periods.
2. Effectively communicate on a daily basis.
$17.35 - $18.00/hour
PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply"
Certifications - See Special Instructions to Applicants for additional options
Transcripts (may be unofficial) - See Special Instructions to Applicants for additional options
Certification of Retirement Annuity
PLEASE NOTE: These documents may be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply"
Please fully complete the entire application including, but not limited to, the education and work experience portions. Please list all education and all jobs you have had. Do not leave gaps in employment. You must list all duties you performed in the job duties section (Phrases such as "See Resume" are not acceptable). Failure to follow any of these instructions may constitute an incomplete application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Other documentation such as any applicable business-related certifications (Business/Administrative Technology, Bookkeeping Office Assistant, or Customer Service) or official/unofficial transcripts must be submitted prior to the application deadline in order to receive the maximum eligible points on the Civil Service exam. Certifications and transcripts can be uploaded with the application. See below for alternate submission options.
In order to be eligible for Veteran's Preference points on the exam, appropriate military service documentation, such as a DD214 may be faxed, mailed, delivered to Human Resources, or brought to the Civil Service exam in order to receive the maximum eligible points.
Certifications, transcripts, and/or DD-214 paperwork may be faxed, mailed, or delivered to Human Resources by the posting close date:
Fax: 309.438.0011, Attn: Colette Homan
Address: Illinois State University
Campus Box 1300
Normal, IL 61790-1300
A Civil Service examination will be required. You will be notified by e-mail if you meet the qualifications for the examination. Please closely monitor your email for correspondence regarding your application status.
This position is subject to a criminal background investigation based on University Policy 3.1.30 and any offer of employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at (309) 438-3383. The Office of Equal Opportunity and Access will hold any confidential information you provide in confidence.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Application Opened: CST
Application Closes: CST
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Great, we can send you jobs like this, if this is your first time signing up, please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
The email address was invalid, please check for errors.
You must agree to the privacy statement