Job No: 512181
Work Type: On Campus
Location: Normal, Illinois
Title: Full-Time Non-tenure Track Instructional Assistant Professor
Employee Classification: Instructional Asst Professor
Division Name: Academic Affairs
College/Unit: Mennonite College of Nursing
Department: Mennonite College of Nursing
Campus Location: Normal, IL
For almost 100 years, Mennonite College of Nursing (MCN) has had a reputation for innovation and excellence. As the only professional college at Illinois State University, we offer traditional and online programs, including prelicensure, RN to BSN, and accelerated Baccalaureate degrees, a Master of Science in Nursing, a Ph.D. in nursing science and a Doctor of Nursing Practice. As a leader in research on Symptom Science and Older Adults/Gerontological Nursing, MCN is an excellent environment for candidates to share their clinical and teaching expertise. This position would also work with the Change Agents to the Underserved Service Education (CAUSE) team to develop telehealth nursing education and innovative digital health chronic disease self-management support curriculum for CAUSE clinic partner RNs. This faculty member would also support student clinical experiences and preceptorship within the CAUSE clinic partner sites and would assist clinic partner RN student nurse preceptorship efforts to include more telehealth technology, care coordination, and disease self-management support using in-person and telehealth modalities, along with other community-based primary care RN responsibilities.
For more information about Mennonite College of Nursing, please visit the website below.
1. Master of Science in Nursing completed by the start date of the appointment.
2. Experience teaching in ambulatory care settings is preferred.
3. Experience with teaching Registered Nurse (RN) telehealth care delivery including telephone triage utilizing evidence-based protocols.
4. Passion for teaching undergraduate students in the clinical, laboratory and classroom setting, preferably in community-based primary care and other ambulatory care settings.
5. Must have licensure in Illinois by the start date of the appointment.
6. For teaching positions, state law mandates demonstrable oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position.
7. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Previous teaching experience in a clinical, laboratory and classroom setting, preferably in community-based primary care and other ambulatory care settings.
2. Experience with developing a hybrid or virtual curriculum utilizing an online learning management system is desired.
3. Experience mentoring ambulatory RN preceptors is desired.
Varies depending on class and office hours.
Must be able to complete the following with or without reasonable accommodation:
1. Ability to effectively communicate on a daily basis.
2. Ability to conduct or attend meetings in various locations across campus.
Open until filled
Pay is commensurate with qualification and experience, combined with an excellent benefits package.
1. Cover letter
2. List of references (at least three professional references and contact information)
PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply"
Certification of Retirement Annuity
PLEASE NOTE: These documents may be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply"
All application materials must be submitted online. Application materials submitted via fax, email, or mail will not be accepted.
Please prepare in advance separate documents including the following:
1. Cover Letter
2. Reference List (at least three professional references and contact information)
Lissa Bevins - email@example.com
This position is subject to a criminal background investigation based on University Policy 3.1.30 and any offer of employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at (309) 438-3383. The Office of Equal Opportunity and Access will hold any confidential information you provide in confidence.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Application Opened: CST
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Great, we can send you jobs like this, if this is your first time signing up, please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
The email address was invalid, please check for errors.
You must agree to the privacy statement