Job No: 511486
Work Type: On Campus
Location: Normal, Illinois
Title: Instructional Assistant Professor or Lecturer - Non-Tenure Track Faculty - Communication Sciences and Disorders
Employee Classification: Instructional Assistant Professor or Lecturer
Division Name: Academic Affairs
College/Unit: College of Arts and Sciences
Department: Communication Sciences and Disorders
Campus Location: Normal, IL
As an Instructional Assistant Professor or Lecturer, this person will teach undergraduate courses in communication sciences and disorders, graduate level courses in the AuD degree program, and supervise in the Clinic. These positions are represented by the Illinois State University Education Association and may have associated dues or fees.
1. Doctorate in Audiology
2. Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association 3. Illinois License in Audiology
4. Ability to facilitate learning and growth in students
5. Ability to work with other professionals
6. Two (2) years of work experience as a clinical audiologist
7. For teaching positions, state law mandates demonstrable oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position
8. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Varies depending on class hours and office hours.
Must be able to complete the following with or without reasonable accommodation:
1. Ability to effectively communicate on a daily basis.
2. Ability to conduct or attend meetings in various locations across campus.
Pay is commensurate with qualification and experience, combined with an excellent benefits package.
1. Cover letter
2. List of references (at least three professional references and contact information)
PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply"
Certification of Retirement Annuity
PLEASE NOTE: These documents may be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply"
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled or withdrawn.
All application materials must be submitted online. Application materials submitted via fax, email, or mail will not be accepted.
Please prepare in advance three separate documents representing a cover letter, reference list ( specifically, the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of at least three professional references), and resume/C.V. to this application.
If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at (309) 438-3383. The Office of Equal Opportunity and Access will hold any confidential information you provide in confidence.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Application Opened: CST
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Great, we can send you jobs like this, if this is your first time signing up, please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
The email address was invalid, please check for errors.
You must agree to the privacy statement