Job No: 510051
Work Type: On Campus
Location: Normal, Illinois
Title: GA - Teaching Assistant
Employee Classification: Graduate Asst Teaching
Division Name: Academic Affairs
College/Unit: College of Arts and Sciences
Department: Sociology and Anthropology
Campus Location: Normal, IL
The majority of the graduate teaching assistants primary duties are in support of instruction including but not limited to the responsibilities below:
1. Serve as a primary or secondary teaching instructor in a class or laboratory;
2. Assist a faculty member with teaching-related tasks;
3. Grade student assignments which require knowledge of subjects taught in a class or laboratory;
4. Meet with and/or tutor students, hold office hours, prepare instructional materials, and assist during class and/or lab.
1. Eligible for appointment as per the requirements in the Graduate Assistant Handbook which can be found at http://hr.illinoisstate.edu/downloads/GA_Handbook.pdf
2. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
3. Must have at least applied to the Sociology or Anthropology Master's program at Illinois State University
4. For Teaching Assistant positions state law mandates demonstrable oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position.
Note: If you have not yet been assigned a University ID, but are interested in applying for this graduate assistantship, please proceed with the graduate assistant application process. For the first question regarding your University ID, simply enter in nine (9) zeros (e.g., 000000000).
You must be eligible for employment in the United States and at Illinois State University and/or for the number of hours required for the position.
If you are an international student the rules/laws for your visa status may place limits on your employment eligibility. Students are responsible for knowing and following all applicable visa status rules/laws. If you are not certain whether your visa status allows you to accept an assistantship or additional work hours, contact the International Student and Scholar Services immediately for clarification. The University cannot grant exceptions to visa status rules/laws.
Illinois State University Graduate Assistants are restricted to no more than 28 hours per week of on-campus employment for all positions held.
Michael Dougherty (Sociology Graduate Coordinator)
E-mail Address - email@example.com
If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at (309) 438-3383. The Office of Equal Opportunity and Access will hold any confidential information you provide in confidence.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Application Opened: CST
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Great, we can send you jobs like this, if this is your first time signing up, please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
The email address was invalid, please check for errors.
You must agree to the privacy statement