![if !IE 6]> <![endif]>
Job No: 516355
Work Type: On Campus
Location: Normal, Illinois
Title: Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Division Name: Academic Affairs
Department: Thomas Metcalf School
Campus Location: Normal, IL
Certified Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing who will work with students attending the Laboratory Schools through the Heart of Illinois Low Incidence (HILIA) program. The certified Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing will provide instruction for students with hearing loss in a variety of classroom settings.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Special Education, Deaf and Hard of Hearing
2. Professional Educator License
3. Demonstrates competent sign language skills
4. A valid driver's license
1. One to three years’ experience as a Teacher of the Deaf
2. Professional experiences that include provision of direct aural rehabilitation services to students who use a wide range of communication modalities.
3. Experience using, maintaining, and troubleshooting a variety of amplification and FM systems including hearing aids, BAHAs, cochlear implants, Mini Mics, Roger FM systems, Edu Mic etc.
4. Experience with diagnostic assessments and implementation of services based upon the data collected.
5. Good organization and communication skills to effectively collaborate with a variety of educational professionals inclusive of Laboratory school staff and parents, local school districts, and ISU staff and students.
Typically Monday through Friday school hours with occasional evening hours as school activities necessitate.
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Remain at a workstation for extended periods
2. Move about in various locations on and off campus as needed to complete day-to-day work
3. Effectively communicate on a daily basis
Pay is commensurate with qualifications and experience, combined with an excellent benefits package
Resume / C.V.
Reference List - (specifically, the names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of at least three professional references)
PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply"
Initial application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All application materials must be submitted online. Application materials submitted via fax, email, or mail will not be accepted.
Please prepare in advance separate documents representing a cover letter, reference list (specifically, the names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of at least three professional references), and resume/C.V. to attach to this application.
This position is subject to a criminal background investigation based on University Policy 3.1.30 and any offer of employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at (309) 438-3383. The Office of Equal Opportunity and Access will hold any confidential information you provide in confidence.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Application Opened: CST
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Great, we can send you jobs like this, if this is your first time signing up, please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
The email address was invalid, please check for errors.
You must agree to the privacy statement