![if !IE 6]> <![endif]>
Job No: 516124
Work Type: On Campus
Location: Normal, Illinois
Title: Assistant Vice President, Student Affairs
Division Name: Student Affairs
Department: Vice President Student Affairs
Campus Location: Normal, IL
Illinois State University seeks a strategic and mission-oriented collaborator and leader committed to the mission, vision, and values outlined in the University’s strategic plan to serve as assistant vice president (AVP) in the Division of Student Affairs. The AVP reports to the vice president for Student Affairs, serves as a member of the senior leadership team, and assists with the direction and operations of the division in providing educationally purposeful programs, services, and facilities that foster student development, persistence, and success. Additionally, the AVP provides overall planning, direction, and executive management for designated departments in the division.
The AVP serves as a first point of contact between the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs and constituents (e.g., students, faculty, staff, family members, community members, etc.) regarding high profile challenges and opportunities that impact the Division of Student Affairs and must develop a high-level of understanding of the institution and organizational structures to serve in a "problem-solving" role for the vice president. The AVP will oversee University Housing, University Police, Emergency Management, and Divisional Marketing and Communications.
As a member of the senior leadership team, the AVP will assume responsibility for the planning, coordination, and facilitation of various division projects, research, and/or initiatives as assigned by the vice president in addition to representing the interests of the vice president and the Division of Student Affairs on an extensive range of university committees, task forces, and ad hoc committees. The AVP will also serve as the primary public relations officer in the Division and serve in an on-call capacity to direct crisis communication.
The AVP will contribute to the building of a healthy culture of collaboration, teamwork, transparency, and openness throughout the Division and campus to aid in the enrichment of student life quality empowering our students to make the most out of their experiences at Illinois State University.
Information about the Division of Student Affairs and a full leadership profile for this position can be found at https://studentaffairs.illinoisstate.edu/who/about/.
1. Doctorate fully earned by August 16, 2023
2. Minimum of 10 years of experience in Student Affairs and/or higher education administration with increasing levels of responsibility
3. Minimum of 7 years of experience in supervising staff and working directly with college students
4. Experience in assessment, strategic planning, and complex budget management at a department or division level
5. Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the university community
6. Demonstrated leadership ability in decision-making, performance management, and problem-solving
7. Proven ability to manage conflict
8. Experience with building effective partnerships with diverse campus constituencies and community leaders
9. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusiveness and ability to effectively interact cross culturally
10. Ability to successfully prioritize, coordinate, and facilitate multiple projects and deadlines independently and with limited supervision
Doctorate in student affairs administration, higher education or related area
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Effectively communicate on a daily basis.
2. Remain at a workstation for extended periods.
3. Move about in various locations across campus as needed to complete day-to-day work.
4. Travel within the local community 24/7 at a moment's notice. (This relates to on-call responsibilities with emergency and crisis response)
July 1, 2023
Resume or curriculum vitae, letter of application, reference list including the names and contact information for three professional references
PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply"
Initial review of applications will begin after March 1, 2023 and continue until the position is filled.
This position is subject to a criminal background investigation based on University Policy 3.1.30 and any offer of employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at (309) 438-3383. The Office of Equal Opportunity and Access will hold any confidential information you provide in confidence.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Application Opened: CST
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Great, we can send you jobs like this, if this is your first time signing up, please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
The email address was invalid, please check for errors.
You must agree to the privacy statement