Job No: 511039
Work Type: On Campus
Location: Normal, Illinois
Title: Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Employee Classification: Faculty Associate
Division Name: Academic Affairs
College/Unit: College of Education
Department: Thomas Metcalf School
Campus Location: Normal, IL
Metcalf Laboratory School is a service unit of the College of Education of Illinois State University. It offers a comprehensive program of instruction for 400+ students in grades PreK-8. Metcalf is a caring community of life-long learners. Its mission is to act as a model for educational methods and theory in support of the preparation of future educators, conduct educational research, offer quality educational programs for children, and disseminate information to others in the educational profession.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Education, Specialist in DHH
2. Professional Educator License
3. Experience in a DHH/LSL classroom
1. 1-3 years teaching experience
2. Experience in using, maintaining, and troubleshooting equipment (Cis, BAHAs, FM Systems, and hearing aids)
3. Experience with CASLLS and TASL diagnostic assessments and implementation of services based upon the data collected
4. LSLS Cert. AVEd
5. Demonstrated leadership and innovation and will uphold the Metcalf tradition of linking theory and practice.
6. Expectation for collaboration with Illinois State University students, staff, administration and parents to best meet the needs of students.
7. Must be child-centered, able to differentiate instruction and able to apply promising practices in curriculum and instruction.
School hours with occasional nights and week-ends
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate on a daily basis.
2. Ability to use a computer in day-to-day work (i.e. type on a keyboard and use a mouse).
3. Ability to conduct or attend meetings in various locations on and off campus.
4. Ability to maintain a high level of concentration.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Resume / C.V.
PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply"
Initial application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All application materials must be submitted online. Application materials submitted via fax, email, or mail will not be accepted.
Please prepare in advance separate documents representing a cover letter, reference list (specifically, the names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of at least three professional references), and resume/C.V. to attach to this application.
If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at (309) 438-3383. The Office of Equal Opportunity and Access will hold any confidential information you provide in confidence.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Application Opened: CST
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Great, we can send you jobs like this, if this is your first time signing up, please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
The email address was invalid, please check for errors.
You must agree to the privacy statement